Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pass the Pottery!

My goal today was to add a few more interesting pieces to my Etsy store - This Reminds Me...  So far, I've listed three items - all wonderful examples of U.S.A. pottery - a yellow ware/spongeware bowl, a brown drip "bee-hive" bowl that is likely Monmouth pottery, and a Hull pottery brown drip sugar bowl with lid.  All three treasures are in incredibly good condition and would make great additions to a collection of U.S.A. brown pottery.  In fact, if they don't sell, they may find a place on my shelf with the MarCrest I have collected in recent years!

5" Yellow ware/spongeware U.S.A. bowl

Brown drip (Monmouth?) "bee-hive" bowl

Hull Pottery Brown Drip Sugar Bowl with Lid
Did you see the beautiful Westmoreland Wedding Box I listed on Etsy?  It's a beauty - and a rare find, as the low-footed boxes are not nearly as plentiful as their pedestal kin.  This one would make an incredible gift for a new bride - or the mother of the bride.  Why are they called "Wedding Boxes"?  Because they resemble a wedding cake.  This is a true stunner... it even has its original sticker!

Westmoreland Low-footed Wedding Box Candy Dish/Comport
I am still listing items for sale on Etsy - at the current rate, I will probably be listing for the rest of my life!  Hopefully shoppers will like what I have to offer, and soon my shelves will have room for me to buy more treasures to share!

No comments: