Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quilter's Delight!

My mother-in-law had told me a couple of times this week about a friend of my grandmother who was having a moving sale.  Her last remaining sister had passed away recently, and she is moving back to Arizona to live near her daughter and grandchildren.  She is selling a lot of things, and my mother-in-law had encouraged me to go take a look.  So this morning I arrived, and the first thing I spotted were these two quilts.  "They were my grandmother's," the daughter said.  Her mother said, "My mother made them."  One was in better shape than the other, but both are beautiful.  The woman is in her eighties, so I'm estimating that the quilts were probably made in the 1930s, based on my math and the styles and colorings of the fabrics used.










I tried to find these patterns, but I was unsuccessful.  If you know them, please let me know by commenting to this post.  Thanks!

At any rate, these are really neat finds that would be wonderful additions to any collection, and I quickly said, "I'll take them both!"  I hope someone who loves quilts as much as I do will want to own them - along with the beautiful Dresden Plate (which is in much better shape) posted here previously.  All are listed in my Etsy shop:  This Reminds Me...












No comments: